Shristi Special Academy is a non-profit dedicated to helping those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to lead more independent, enriching and contributory lives. We empower such individuals from all age groups to realize their highest potential through specialized training programmes. These case-specific modules are imparted by qualified professionals in a nurturing environment.
Shristi believes that an inclusive and accepting attitude in the community and at home goes a long way in aiding the holistic growth of students. We work closely with parents and family members to empower them with knowledge and skills to cope with the impact of disability across various stages of their lives.
From our beginnings in a small, two-bedroom house with three special educators and three students, we have now grown to a dedicated team of over 50 and nearly 200 students. Shristi Campus is located on 2 acres of land in a serene rural environment, 20 KM from the heart of Bengaluru city. We have over 20000 sqft of built-up area with separate departments for all services, which are well equipped and functional.
Improve the overall quality of life of Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ) to ensure full participation and acceptance in society.
- Empower PWD to access intervention and rehabilitation services to promote maximum independence and contribution
- Enable families and communities to spread awareness and build capacity to aid acceptance and participation of PWD who require assistance and support
Acceptance, respect and care, irrespective of age and severity of disability.
- Share technical expertise with other NGOs and aspiring individuals to improve the quality of services for PWD across the sector
- Adopt best practices of governance and implementation of services
- Develop human resources by running Rehabilitation Council of India approved courses
- Research and studies in the field of disability
Shristi Special Academy is among the few institutes that offer comprehensive services for the holistic growth of PWD
Both parents and team members are provided with hands-on, globally accredited skills-based training. Shristi also conducts workshops and seminars, and offers short-term residential training courses for parents and professionals from other institutions to share technical expertise and best practices.
We are the only institution to offer a reflexology park and a sensory park on premises. These parks aid overall health and also help us provide holistic interventions when required. Spacious, well-designed classrooms and therapy rooms, and a discrete observation room complete our well-equipped therapy facilities.
Shristi recognizes that family involvement has a profound influence on how a child does in school and in life. Hence, we insist on parents being involved throughout their child’s intervention programme, from classroom observations and demonstrations to home programmes and general skills.